Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mexico City: It's HUGE!

I am officially in Mexico!

It's hard to believe that this morning I was packing up my things, petting the dogs, watching TV in ENGLISH -- and now I'm here! The trip has been really great so far -- the flights were quick and easy. Both about 2 hours and smooth sailing the entire way. Our flight from Dallas to Mexico City was from 5-7 so it was dark when we were flying into Mexico City. On the airplane at the moment I started seeing the city lights was when I had my first "freak out" moment. MEXICO CITY IS HUGE! Once you see lights they don't stop for as far as the eye can see. Our taxi driver from the airport to our hotel told us that Mexico City is the second largest city in the world. Considering Chicago...or I guess L.A. are the biggest cities I've been to -- this was just crazy.

Our hotel is absoloutly amazing. I am going to try and figure out how to post pictures here so you can see this awesome room! Luckily the hotel has free high-speed wi-fi so I'm able to connect with friends/fam and of course update the blog.

Tomorrow is meetings with Cotton Inc. from 9-11:30, then Dr. Ha-Brookshire and I will try and make it to Cuernavaca which will involve a taxi ride to the bus station at the south side of the city and then trying to buy tickets for the right bus to take us to the "city of eternal spring". :o) Will check in when I can.

Love to all -- and thank you for your encouragement and prayers -- they are really helping me with this whole 'adapting' process!

1 comment:

Ashley Hasty said...

I'm so excited for you!!! It looks like things are really going well! Good luck with everything!